While electrical outages are uncommon, they’re a frustrating experience when they do happen. An outage can leave your home without power for hours or sometimes even days! This severely disrupts day-to-day life, so it’s important to take steps to protect your home. A whole-house generator is a great option, as they can reliably supply your home with electricity when you need it most.
Unfortunately, there are long delays for whole-house generators in Omaha. To help get quality Generac standby generators to you as soon as possible, we suggest ordering one right away! We’ll discuss why people are having to wait for a whole-house generator as well as the biggest benefits to getting one.
Why Are Wait Times Long for a Whole-House Generator?
Some customers are waiting up to several months for their standby generator. Changes in the supply chain are the primary cause for such long lead times. For example, there is a significant shortage of computer chips used in a wide range of different products. The availability of metals like copper has also been affected. Manufacturers have been looking for alternative sources, but these can take a while to set up.
As more people have worked from home in the last couple of years, many families invested in useful tools like a whole-house generator. This increased demand clashed with low supply, leading to the delays. Dealers like A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical are doing their best to provide customers with quality generators from trusted brands like Generac. It’s a good idea to go ahead and order a standby generator to ensure it can be installed by later this year, around winter.
Benefits of a Generac Generator
Installing a whole-house generator in Omaha is a smart move for several reasons. When you have access to an efficient Generac generator, you’ll enjoy many benefits including:
- Efficient power for the whole home: These standby generators safely provide electricity for your entire home. You can keep vital appliances and other equipment running.
- Choose your preferred fuel source: Generac offers models that use either natural gas or liquid propane, so you can choose the generator that’s right for you.
- Directly linked to electrical panel: Whole-home generators are directly linked with your home’s electrical panel for reliable performance.
- Remote monitoring and 24/7 support: Generac offers remote monitoring through your phone or other smart device. You can check on your standby generator from anywhere and receive 24/7 support in case something’s wrong.
- Total peace of mind: There’s nothing like the peace of mind that comes with a whole-house backup generator. The next time something damages power lines, your home will be safe and sound.
Order a Generator from A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical Today
With current supply chain conditions, it will likely be several months before you can install a whole-house generator in Omaha. To minimize wait times, it’s a good idea to go ahead and request an order. You can order a standby generator from the helpful, local experts at A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical. Request your free estimate by giving us a call at 402-593-7500.